St. Mary Catholic Church
De Pere, Wisconsin

ABOUT US

Mission

We are known as St. Mary Catholic Church of De Pere, Wisconsin. We are bound together by our faith in Jesus Christ. Through our dedication to the teachings of Jesus, we strive to provide the way for the Christian formation of all people. By our example, we hope to bring alive the message of Christ, so that we may truly be the leaven in the world community. As our love and understanding of Jesus and his teaching deepen, we will pursue justice for all people within our community and the world beyond.

Staff Directory

PASTORAL TEAM

PASTOR
Rev. Richard Getchel
920-337-2330, ext. 207 • Email

ASSOCIATE PASTOR
Rev. Matthew Faucett
920-337-2330, ext. 203 • Email

PASTORAL ASSOCIATE
Robin Therese
920-337-2330, ext. 208 • Email

DEACON
Dcn. Jim Gauthier
 920-337-2330 • Email

DEACON
Dcn. Mark Mullins
920-337-2330 • Email

FAITH FORMATION/YOUTH MINISTRY

DIRECTOR of FAITH FORMATION Theodosia Orlando • 920-337-2333, ext. 210 • Email

COORDINATOR of FAITH FORMATION Jane Charnetski • 920-337-2330, ext. 211 • Email

FAITH FORMATION SECRETARY Pam McKeefry • 920-337-2330, ext. 212 • Email

COORDINATOR of YOUTH MINISTRY René Martínez • 920-337-2330, ext. 213 • Email

PARISH OFFICE

BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR Vicki Treml • 920-337-2330, ext. 206 • Email

ACCOUNTANT Juanita Tetzlaff • 920-337-2330, ext. 205 • Email

SECRETARY Ann King • 920-337-2330, ext. 200 • Email

MAINTENANCE George Wegner • 920-337-2330, ext. 220 • Email

A BRIEF HISTORY

The history of St. Mary Catholic Church begins in 1869 when a group of Hollanders, Belgians and Germans established Immaculate Conception Parish and built a church on the east side of the Fox River. A school was added in 1882 and the church property expanded to an entire city block. The present school building was built in 1952, with a cafeteria and eight classrooms added in 1960. In 1971, the school consolidated with St. Francis Xavier School and was renamed Notre Dame of De Pere.

In May of 1995, 16 acres of land in the town of Ledgeview were purchased for a new church. Construction began in 1997, and on March 29, 1998, Bishop Robert Banks dedicated the new facility. The carport and bell tower were completed in 2001.

Our present pastor, Rev. Richard Getchel, was appointed in July, 2011. Currently, there are over 1,200 families registered at St. Mary. In addition to the staff, a generous group of volunteers assist our community through various ministries that support different aspects of parish life.